Full name: Najem Abdulhussain Najem
Marital status: Married
Languages: Arabic and English
Current workplace: Kerbala University – Vice president for scientific affairs
Scientific title: Professor
Affiliation: College of Engineering / Department of Petroleum Engineering
Years of service: (38) years
- Bachelor of Earth Science / University of Mosul 1980
- Master of Geophysics / Baghdad University 1988
- PhD in Geophysics and Remote Sensing / University of Baghdad 1997
- Rapporteur of the Survey Department / Technical Institute – Basrah – Iraq
- Acting Head of Survey Department / Technical Institute – Basrah – Iraq
- Director of the Computer Technical Center – Kerbala – Iraq
- Member of the Engineering Consulting Office at the Kerbala Technical Institute
- Head of Computer Systems Department / Technical Institute – Kerbala – Iraq
- Head of Higher Professional Center for Marine Fishing – Sabratha – Libya
- Head of Computer Branch / College of Education / University of Kerbala – Kerbala – Iraq
- Head of the Computer Department / College of Science / University of Kerbala – Kerbala – Iraq
- Director of the Scientific Advisory Office at the College of Science / University of Kerbala
- Member of the University Council of Kerbala / representative of the teaching staff
- Dean of the College of Education for Pure Sciences / University of Kerbala
- Vice President for Scientific Affairs Kerbala University since December 19, 2019
Subjects have been taught:
- Undergraduate studies: general geology –remote sensing – geographic information systems (GIS) – computer principles – systems analysis – databases – marine physics – maps – operating systems – image processing – structural geology – petroleum geology
- Postgraduate studies: advanced geophysics – applied geophysics – scientific English – seminars –remote sensing – geographic information systems.
Supervision of postgraduate students:
- 11 Masters
- 3 PhDs
- (24) Research Published
Scientific conferences in which he participates:
- (27) including 12 international (2 Baghdad + Libya + Cairo + Tunisia + Malaysia + 2 Iran + 4 Kerbala) in addition to a large number of specialized and non-specialized conferences that are not documented.
Areas of study interest:
- Remote sensing
- Geophysics and exploration of natural resources –
- Petroleum geology.
- Tectonic geology.
- Geographic information systems (GIS).
- Image processing .
Other social and service activities:
- President of the University Professors ’Syndicate in the Holy Kerbala Governorate and a member of the Administrative Board of the Teachers Syndicate – Kerbala Branch 2006-2010
- Coordinator of the Prime Minister’s Office for the Educational Initiative for the Holy Kerbala Governorate.
- An advisory member of the Committee for the Protection of the Holy City of Kerbala.
- Member of the Committee to register the antiquities of the Holy Kerbala Governorate in the World Heritage.
- Scientific advisor to the Center for Studies and Research of the Imam Hussain Holy shrine.
- A scientific consultant for drilling water wells for agricultural projects of the Imam Hussain Holy shrine.
- Member of the Advisory Board for Alternative Drinking Water Resources in the Holy Kerbala Governorate (Saqi Project) of the Abbasid Holy Shrine.
- Member of the Iraqi Geologists Syndicate.
- Member of the Iraqi Computer Society.
- Member of the discussion committee for (23) postgraduate students (9 Masters + 14 PhD)
Number of thanks received:
Grand total = 94
- 7 From the minister and from his grade
- 3 from deputy minister and who is of his grade
- 31 university presidents
- 41 deans
- 12 from different NGO institutions and organizations